Recycled Robots


If you've been hanging around here long, you know I'm a big fan of using recycled items as art supplies. My kids use recycled items in their projects when possible, and I even use them when I'm designing projects like this for magazines.

So, when I ran across these fabulous sculptures by Ann Smith, I was duly impressed. She uses recycled electronic parts to create these quirky robots. In addition to the cat and moose (hee!) you see here, she has a flamingo, a goat and others - all very clearly representative of the animals she sculpts. Ann is also an illustrator and sculpts figures from less surprising materials, but these beauties made from broken electronics are my favorite!

My Destination Imagination teams could learn some serious techniques for prop building from this artist!

Blog nod: Pig Pog (give your dog a bone...)



No comments: